What happens if I don’t clean my gutters?
Did you know that a 3000 ft2 home receives 2000 gallons of water for every inch of falling rain? Even a small pile of debris in your gutters could prevent them from working properly and could lead to many costly issues including mold, insects and critters, flooding, and water damage to your home, lawn and foundation.
How often should I clean my gutters?
All of the foliage in the Delaware County area is beautiful to look at but can clog up your gutters. We recommend cleaning your gutters at least twice a year, ideally once in the spring and once in the fall. If your property contains many tall trees, or pine trees that shed needles year-round, you may want to consider more frequent maintenance on your gutters.
How do I know if my gutters need cleaning?
You may need your gutters cleaned if:
- Your gutters are sagging. The weight of debris and standing water can weigh down your gutters, bending them out of shape.
- You frequently see birds and critters by your gutters. Gutter blockages are a breeding ground for insects and a great place for birds and critters to find their next meal. Birds and critters may be nesting in your gutters, and can even cause an insect or rodent issue inside your home.
- You see plant life growing from your gutters. Plants growing from your gutters is a sure sign of dirt and debris buildup.
- You see staining on the side of your house. Staining could mean that there is a leak in your gutters or water is overflowing at that point due to a blockage.
- You see any issues with standing water near your home. Pools of water on your property can be caused by your gutters not doing their job to channel water away from your house.
- You have a leak inside your home. Gutter clogs can cause water to back up into your house, causing costly repairs.
How much does gutter cleaning cost?
The cost of gutter cleaning is dependent on a variety of factors including the length of gutters that need cleaning, the height of your home, and if there are any needed repairs. Call or email us today for a quote. We’ll call you back on the same day with a price.
Delaware County Gutter Cleaning is here to help with all of your gutter needs in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Request a free same-day quote today!
Areas We Service in Delaware County, PA
Media, PA | Landsdowne, PA | Yeadon, PA | Ridley Park, PA | Drexel Hill, PA | Garnet Valley, PA | Boothwyn, PA